18 April 2014

Banoffee heaven

The mention of banoffee pie gets my heart all a-flutter: the crunchy biscuit base, the thick layer of oozy toffee, the sweet bananas and the refreshing topping of whipped cream with a sprinkling of chocolate shavings. The combination is so perfect it hurts.

Until now I'd never made it myself, it seemed like a bit of a daunting dessert - no-one told me that it's actually a piece of cake. Because it's not. LOL. 

But oh me, oh my, it really is super easy and completely delicious. If you see me wandering town in my former glory (carrying one or two extra pounds...) you can put it down to my newfound dedication to the simplicity of the no-bake, shove things in a cup heavenly adventure that you are about to embark upon.

I'm not sure this photo really gets across how elegant and scrumptious these banoffees were - I am yet to grasp any photo-taking skillz but JUST LOOK AT THAT GLORIOUS TOFFEE/CREAM.


Not only is it super simple but banoffee pie for 6 comes in at just £4.12... ideal.


So first the biscuit base - put all your biscuits in a food-processor: you can only hope yours is as trendy and advanced as mine...


 And blitz.
Look at them go (#artsy)...




If you are lacking in the food-processor department perhaps try a handheld soup blender or if all else fails, shove in a plastic freezer bag and bash away with a rolling pin

Melt your butter in the microwave, pour in the blitzed biscuit, and mix together

Add the biscuit base to whatever you're serving your dessert in (I chose wine glasses cause I'm fancy) and press down lightly to firm up your base a little







Then add the Carnation caramel onto the base (always have to forget to take photos of one of the stages don't I...)

Next slice your bananas

 And add them on top of the caramel

(I know I said I was fancy using wine glasses but it turns out I only had two, so swiftly moved onto tumblers)



Little cutie banana slices










































Then whip up your cream (we used a handheld blender to avoid any unnecessary exercise)

And add to your little pots of heaven


 Last but most definitely not least - shave on your chocolate sprinkles



 Scrumptious, easy & cheap. The ideal dessert.

SERVES 6

INGREDIENTS

  • 80g unsalted butter
  • 200g plain digestive biscuits
  • 400g Carnation caramel
  • 2 large bananas
  • 300ml whipping cream
  • a little milk chocolate

2 comments:

  1. These look so yummy! I love banoffee pie so much, i've never used carnation caramel, i'm always using carnation milk and failing to get it to cook properly, so think I need to invest! Definitely going to give these a try, perfect in individual glasses too! Looks good, and stops the temptation of cutting a slice thats way too big but you just can't resist!


    Amylou x
    www.amyloububs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amylou! It is definitely a whole lot easier to use their caramel... And it tastes divine. I thought putting them in glasses would regulate how much I ate but I definitely had more than one glass - oops! Excited to hear your thoughts when you've made them! x

    ReplyDelete